ETALON is a new series of excellent composite AFM probes.
In terms of quality-to-price ratio, it has no analogues in the world market.
New Brand Technology of NT-MDT Combines All Critical Advantages in One Chip:
• Sharp tip (curvature radius less than 10 nm).
• Resonance frequency, specified with high accuracy (±10%).
• Special chip geometry for convenient operating.
• High aspect ratio tip.
• Enhanced back-side reflection of the cantilever.
Highly Specified Resonance Frequency
The ETALON Series probe have two polysilicon levers with
a pedestal and monocrystal silicon tips.
Precision technology of polysilicon deposition guarantees the lever thickness control.
A special frequency stabilizer is designed to make the dispersion of the resonant frequency and force constant smaller (due to the lever length control).
Thanks to the above mentioned facts, the ETALON probes are characterized by highly reproducible parameters:
• Typical dispersion of the lever thickness: ±0.15 μm
• Typical dispersion of the lever length: ±2 μm
• Typical dispersion of the probe resonant frequency: ±10%
• Typical dispersion of the force constant: ±20%.
Comparison between ETALON and silicon probes
|Parameters||ETALON probes||Silicon cantilevers|
Thickness dispersion of the cantilever
|± 0.15 µm||± 0.5 µm|
Length dispersion of the cantilever
|± 2 µm||± 10 µm|
Resonant frequency dispersion
|± 10%||till ± 100%|